Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Goings On

I've taken quite a few exams for school now and have done well on all. Pretty happy about that. :) I was supposed to give my first speech last Wednesday (the 20th) and was nervous about it for days. The day of class, which doesn't start till 4pm, I had this nagging urge to check my email but refused because I didn't want to get sidetracked into mindless surfing when I could have been perfecting my speech. Yes... I was that terrified that I thought I needed the whole day to say it over and over and over to Kiera. So I leave for class an hour early because our teacher says to put our name on the board beside the number spot that you want to go. I was going back and forth between 1-4 and had pretty much set myself on the #1 spot because not only did I want to get it over with, I didn't want to see anyone else's and panic because they were very relaxed looking, or maybe they did something I didn't... you know, the usual. So I get there and what do I see?? A sign in the window of the class saying that it was CANCELED!!! Relief, disbelief, and a minute (very, VERY minute) amount of disappointment washed over me as I turned to head back home. That was the same time the skies decided to open up and it was raining/blowing so hard that I might as well have not had the umbrella I was using. I finally made it home, got my clothes & backpack hung in the bathroom to drip-dry, and opened up the computer to check my email. Wouldn't you know... I had an email TELLING me that class was canceled that had been sent at 9am that day ha! The whole fiasco/stress of the day could have been avoided. The good Man upstairs was trying to tell me all day to check my email. :) Ahh... such is life.



Chris is in Dallas at the moment at our friend's wedding. I debated back and forth for about 3 days on whether or not to go because there were no real options (ok, I'll be honest... none that I was comfortable with because I have a "special" dog) for keeping Kiera taken care of. So, even tho I was pretty sure I was staying, just in case, I went shopping for a nice cooler weather wedding dress to wear. It was another dreary day out and I came up completely empty handed after 3 hours of looking in different stores in the mall and Target. Basically, what I got out of that 3 hours was a lovely reminder of how much I HATE to shop, especially when I'm looking for something in particular. I'm finally heading out of the mall. As I get closer to my car I notice a piece of paper stuck to the windshield. "What's this? A flier of some sort?? No... no one else has one..." It's a warning ticket for parking illegally. Now, I'm in a spot at the mall with cars parked on each side mind you. I get so confuzzled that I flag down the parking security guy driving around and ask him (nicely of course) to please explain what in the world I had done illegally so that I wouldn't make the same mistake again. He got out, walked around the car, got a very puzzled look on his face, verified he was walking around the right car, then said he had no idea what I had gotten a ticket for. I wasn't sure whether to be relieved that I had done nothing wrong, or upset that I had gotten a "false warning" tacked onto my record. He said I had done nothing illegal and took the ticket. What he was going to do about it, I know not. The person who signed off on it just made a big messy circle for a name. Oh well... Maybe someone got jealous of my REAL UT stickers on my car. :-D


No comments: