Friday, May 16, 2008

Certified!

It's been a long week but it's finally over. I am now a certified Realtime Planning Engineer (RPE). This week was comprised of 2 weekend shifts, 2 day shifts, and 2 evening shifts, all of which encompass different tasks. I had two evaluators watch me over the course of the week and they have both confirmed that I am certifiable!

Now I have to start gearing up for the next flight (1J), which is currently slated for a May 31st launch.

My current certs:
  1. ISS OCA (Oribital Communications Adapter)
  2. STS OCA
  3. LRP Support (Long Range Planning)
  4. RPE (Realtime Planning Engineer)
Still to come are: RPE support (which is surprisingly a step I've skipped) and Ops Plan. Ops Plan being the ultimate prize, putting me up in the front room directly reporting to the Flight Director.

2 comments:

Tyson said...

Congrats man! You sure earned it!

Robert Buckley said...

Congratulations bro! Thats awesome!