Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth Festivites

Hey folks!

I have decided to blog again. We'll see how long that lasts. For now, let's chat about the recent birthday of our great nation.

As you all know, this past Sunday was July fourth. This year, Chris and I decided to have people over to our house for food, fun, and the fireworks. We had patriotic decorations all over the house. My favorite part was probably the balloons. I found a big bag of them thinking we would use about half. The day of the party I got in the shower and when I got out I saw them... Balloons... Red. White. Blue. EVERYWHERE! :) Poor Chris blew up the whole bag! I have to say though, it did look awesome. Thanks, Chris! Much appreciated!

A good amount of people ended up coming over. We grilled out and played some beanbags (cornhole to some of you crazies ;) ) until it was time for the fireworks. When it was time to leave we all put on our glow-sticks and grabbed our lil American flags. Some of the leis we had even lit up. I was hoping this would make our posse easy enough to spot at the park in case there were a ton of people there. When I say park I mean the little neighborhood park we have close by. It's about a half a mile away from our house. It wasn't too crowded and we showed up right on time. I wasn't quite sure what we would be able to see since we'd never lived here for a Fourth of July before. Luckily, we could see Nassau Bay's fireworks perfectly.

All in all it was a great night and we had a blast. I made a quick video with some of the pictures of the festivities. Enjoy!

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

No comments: