Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dyson

A random event here at the apartment has inspired me to come back to the blog. First some quick background. We renewed our apartment lease this week and we were offered a complimentary carpet shampoo. This is much needed since we've lived here for 3 years now with a dog. So to prep the place before we schedule the cleaning we borrow Andy's super Dyson vacuum that he's been raving about (to extract as much Kiera hair out as possible).

The "funny" part is when it was came time to dispose of the carpet waste. See, on our vacuum the dust repository opens from the top. You take of the lid and dump out the junk. Well, this vacuum looked like it would function the same way. So I took the jug off and attempted to remove what I thought was the lid. It wasn't coming off until... all of the sudden I'm covered in thick disgusting dust. The stupid thing opened from the bottom. So I found myself standing in the kitchen with a significant amount of the dust on my shirt, jeans, and socks. Awesome.

I yell to Carol to rush to my aid. So she grabs the old vacuum b/c Andy's is too complicated and she proceeds to vacuum me.

I'm not sure if it translates through the blog, but it was quite funny.

No comments: